Raise your hand if you’ve ever gotten really excited about a new, big, exciting business goal and then gotten about 20% into the project when you decided it wasn’t fun anymore.
Me! Me! Me!
Life is complicated. Things don’t ever go exactly to plan. It’s messy and complex and chaotic.
But as business owners, movers, and shakers, the only way we can realize the true potential of our ideas is by taking the boring, mundane, often unenjoyable actions that bring them to life.
Specifically, I started adding more fun and accountability into my daily responsibilities by creating systems that would make working toward my goals much easier.
Here are my top 3 strategies that I use every single day to consistently take action toward my goals even when I’m bored and uninspired:
1. STOP BEING A PERFECTIONIST + START EMBRACING THINGS AS THEY ARE
The key to happiness is loving the hell out of your current situation no matter how far away it is from your ideal life.
Ask yourself the following questions when your plan gets off track:
- What is the end goal?
- Is this action / strategy getting me towards my end goal?
- Is the effort / cost worth it?
- If not, what other strategies could I explore? In other words, what’s the backup plan?
2. STOP MEASURING RESULTS + START MEASURING ACTIONS
This is one of the biggest “ahas” I’ve experienced in the past 6 months: It’s better to measure the things you can control than the things you can’t.
You can’t control your revenue.
You can’t control your list size.
You can’t control your website traffic.
You can control how many leads you contact.
You can control how many blog posts you write with content upgrades.
You can control how often you post to social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram…
Measure the actions you take, not just the results of those actions. You can’t control the results, but you can control your output.
3. STOP DOING IT ALONE + START ENLISTING OTHER PEOPLE
Here are some ways to enlist other people to hold you accountable:
- Get an accountability partner who also wants to stay focused on her goals. You can find people in Facebook groups within the next hour.
- Hire a VA and start documenting the step-by-step process to publish your blog each week.
- Join a mastermind group where you will hold each other accountable every week to take specific actions toward your goals.
Listen guys, I KNOW it can be hard to stay motivated; need a few more tips? Check out my other favorite tips to keeping you moving forward!